Thursday 7 May 2015

Parcel from Iceland

On Tuesday afternoon I was lucky enough to get a parcel from my dear friend Sigrun. We have been trading parcels for the past 3 years now. It mainly began with the little city mouse standing baby (Aka Maces standing baby) which were a Epoch Eur release and not widely available. From there we never looked back. I got all the flair items, and other releases that were not available in SA, I desired and Sigrun quickly made it clear that ALL EB releases MUST find its way to Mystique valley.

We are a bit worried about the trading dying away as it seems that all countries will receive the new items (with SA receiving theirs 6 months later) but I think we will find a way to continue, and believe it or not she has not collected everything YET!!

So what was inside? Here is a picture of everything I received.

Lets start with my favorite item first. I don't know if I'm more in love with the Walnut sister or the fabulous furniture she came with. I was really surprised by her cuteness. I never was a fan of the Walnut family. And now I'm not sure why, because look at her, she is adorable. I have come to the realisation that it must be the family's yellow clothing I dislike. 

I also already have a plan on how Alyssa came to live in Sugarbush Valley, so stay tuned for her exciting story.

For my birthday Sigrun sent me this set, which she knew I have been after for a long time, but it always got shifted down the list because of something else I would rather want.

Back of the box - I found it interesting that the items weren't picture listed on the back of the box, like they do with Sylvanian sets, i.e. refer to the picture above of the walnut sister set. Was this a flair thing? I always thought the items was picture listed so that one knew what was inside...?

Items inside and how it was packed.

What I loved about setting up this set, is that there was not much to be done. I had to fold two colouring books, paste two covers on books and paste the stickers on the little drawers, and the Periwinkle children was ready to play!

Finally! The Brightfield family will move to Sugarbush Valley. Please note that I am not stupid or thick! This trade was finalised a year ago and then we had the lovely postal strike so we put it on hold, and then just like that Sylvanian Families went through the transition and all items were released in all countries (with South Africa getting theirs 6 months later), so I found out in March that the Goat family will be released in South Africa ... after I had confirmed with Sigrun that I want them as part of the trade.

If you thought they look cute on the promo pics, you must see them in real life! They are adorable! But most of all the baby. Their bio and story will be up soon.

For Christmas I got this little sweeties. I dreamed of one, but no kind Sigrun sent me 6! I always wanted them as Sylvanians for my Sylvanians!

I had a hard time deciding who will get them. In the end it made sense to give the MIB family to Saskia Bercher, as her parents do own the Toyshop.

...Abigail Woodbrook grabbed the next one!

... and Frances Redwood were ecstatic to find one too!

... but who will get the last one? Will it be Meshia Brightfield, Katy Honeybear or Katie Darwin or will Molly Mcburrows be the lucky one. Dear readers please help me decide.

So like always Sigrun has spoilt me rotten. Something I totally forgot to picture was some melting chocolate she included in the parcel. We talked about this and I told her that I take white chocolate with food colouring and she told met that was the WRONG way one must use coloured chocolate!!! Aaaah Sigrun, gotta love her!

Hope you enjoyed my parcel as much as I did, and hopefully a story and more to follow soon.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! What an awesome trade! SigrĂșn was so kind to give you those wonderful presents! Can't wait for Alyssas story! :)
    About the doll... I can't decide... Molly or Katie? They are both so cute! But cause I'm a big mole fan- please for Molly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so predictable ... hahaha... I knew you would choose her!

      Delete
  2. Wow, lucky you!
    The playtime set is gorgeous and how great for the Brightfields moving to SV! Can't wait for their stories!
    These little ones are too cute and they look nice in the toy store! Let Meshia have the last one as a welcome present!
    As for Sigrun all she has is....a BIG heart! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thank you I'l show this to my girls when they think I'm being to strict:)))

      Delete
    2. Me and you are the only ones that wanted to give Meshia the doll! But oh well maybe one day she will get a doll. For now it is Molly.

      Delete
  3. This was great both had giggles and blushes lol I was getting worried that you wouldn't ever get that playset, so many other things that are more important when making/collecting village wise like beds, kitchen and so on. Think it's a great set and kids deserve some nice things:) I love the Walnut sisters like you i didn't think much of them until I got my first one but it was really after getting my second one I fell in love and by now you finally understand why:) Really look forward to the Brightfields story and to find out about his bag. When I got the first "doll" I thought how wonderful it could be if there were more so the girls could gather and perhaps have a "playdate", tea party:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry forgot. Love how you divided the dolls and you sure don't make it easy to choose......Katie is to much on the run to sit down and play dolls, afraid that if Katy gets her she will be covered in flour, Molly is that kind of a girl who would love to play doll and make things for her, Meshia is hardest since I haven't seen her bio?

      Delete
    2. Ok so not my day, again I forgot something :/ Who would have suspected that this tiny mouse would be the base for years of friendship:)))

      Delete
    3. lol this is getting to be the never ending story, after getting Meshia bio I can see that she to would love to make things for her doll specially jewelry to make her all pretty..............but I think that perhaps Molly mum thought that this doll could be a great help in splitting the twins up a little and help Molly to make new friends?

      Delete
    4. You probably did all these posts before you had your morning coffee? But thank you for being so diligent and replying to everything. You will give yourself a face palm when you read about Gill's bag.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome trade! I agree the Goat family is so adorable, they are a favourite of mine. And I think the doll must go to Molly - like Kyra, I adore the moles! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Molly fan!!! Molly will love you all!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I LOVE those little sylvanian dolls. I too have a soft spot for Molly McBurrows so my vote would go to her to get the last one.
    The Brightfields look lovely, they are on my wishlist but I recently got the Nettlefield Goat family, so may have to wait a while...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly it is then!!! Thank you Emma for the comment.

      Delete