Thursday 3 July 2014

The Chocolate Rabbit Family

So this week we take a look at the Chocolate family. And yet another family that I didn't like at first and was certain that I will never buy. 

I did, however, needed the Daisy/Sycamore (or as it is called here Starter House) Cottage for the Fielding family and got Freya Chocolate with it. At first I thought of passing Freya on to another collector, but then realised that no one NEEDS her or WANTS her as she is everywhere. So I put her on the shelf and slowly but surely she grew on me. I think it was the chocolate tipped ears. 

As luck (or fate?) will have it, one of the online sites had a massive sale and I bought the standing baby set and the father set for half the price. Then a fellow Sylvanian Collector send me Terri and my family was complete. They were the 11th family I got. They are also one of a few families that are not "complete" in other words a family member is missing, (to me a complete family is father, mother, brother, sister and at least one baby) in this case the brother. The Chocolates will stay like this. I'm thinking of getting the newly released grandparents as well as the older sister. Time will tell, maybe I get them for a steal too.

A full view of the cosy cottage.

A view of the ground floor, with the kitchenette and living room. Terri loves to bake and Frasier loves his wife's cooking.


Full view of the top floor where the girls' room are, as well as the bathroom.

Kitchen - though tiny it has everything that Terri needs to bake some wonderful cakes and tarts.


Living room with mom and dad's sleeper couch.

Girl's room.


Bathroom. Terri isn't very fond of the shower, but at least she has her own home now. One day they might live in a bigger home, where she will have a bath again.


Let's take another look at the kitchen. Some of you might recognise the counter, but to those who are new to Sylvanian Families this might be unfamiliar.


It is the counter that was released wit the Courtyard Restaurant . When I saw it the first time I knew it would be perfect for one of the smaller houses.


Not only does it have a counter for having lovely meals at, but it has a sink, stove top and an oven. Perfect!


The Chocolates own the Pizza Parlour in Sugarbush Valley. Frasier is extremely proud of his little establishment. To him it is all in the dough, he claims that his dough, i.e. pizza base is so good that one doesn't even need the toppings.


Mother Terri usually helps out at the till when Father Frasier has got some deliveries to do. And Freya really likes to help out as the waitress.


I want to try and get another hamburger restaurant and convert that into a decent pizza parlour for the Chocolates.

Be sure to check out my "houses" and "jobs" pages too.

18 comments:

  1. Ah the ever growing Chocolate Rabbits! LOL I didn't like them at first either. Now I have the entire family and the grandparents on both sides! (the older and newer version). I love them so much and they have become one of my favorite family! I love how you have managed to transform the kitchen in such a small house. And the wallpapers are perfect! I made my first wallpaper attempt this past weekend. It was a disaster LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They grow on one surely, and multiply like only bunnies can. Thx for the kind comment. And Im sure the wallpaper was not that big a disaster.

      Delete
  2. So lovely and fits them perfectly:) Love how you've added the grandparents pictures on the fridge. You are right about the kitchen unit and I wished they would released it separatly from the Restaurant, it can be very hard to find on it's own. their pizzeria is great, the wp fits perfectly and I bet they are very busy all day long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets not get into epoch inability to sell more diverse sets. Thx, however, for the nice comment!

      Delete
  3. I have 'Choco' family too :) - they were second or third family I got..
    I'm just in the begin of my road.. I only have 4 families so far.. I'm more in to other miniatures, but cause I love so much Brambly Hedge and Wind in the willows stories - I thought that with Sylvanian characters it would be easier to make something in those themes..

    I have 2 rabbit families - the other rabbit family is a flea market discovery (they are all white) - for that family I got 1 baby boy when I joined my daughter to Sylvanian fanclub - ie in that family there is twins ;)
    I also have Honey fox family and Hedgehog family + I've found from flea market 2 bears - I don't know if the other is Sylvanian series at all - she's about 11 cm high, so she's little taller than the others..
    I also found a squirrel from flea market - poor little thing is missing her tail, but couldn't just leave her there - besides, she cost only 0,20 € ;))

    So my "family" isn't big (yet..) and I know I still want at least 1 or 2 maybe even 3 mouse families - and if not the whole family, then at least 1-3 mouse.. Who knows - maybe I get lucky on my next birthday (which is in August)..

    I'm waiting for the time when I have more time to make thing of my own, so I could make little homes for my critters - until then I just visit your blog and admire all the lovely things you show here :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog! Nice to have a new reader. Your road might only have begun now, but trust me soon you will have a huge collection, trust me. You are very lucky to find so many fleamarket bargains. Do check in regularly!

      Delete
  4. I loved the Chocolate Family from the beginning, but maybe it's because I love rabbits :D.
    That house is so clever thought and well organized (the room plan)- I adore the kitchen and the childrens room :).
    It would be ggreat if you'd get the Hamburger restaurant to have a whole pizza restaurant:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so many other items that I want first, that I dont know when the 2nd Hamburger restaurant will come my way. Thanks for the kind comments.

      Delete
  5. Your kitchen transformation is fantastic! You've made a lot of a tiny house--very comfortable and livable. I wasn't that fond of the chocolate rabbits at first either, but there's something kind of Japanese kawaii about them that I DO like. Interesting how these little critters grow on us, isn't it? xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me blush, I just love how cosy these cottages can look if you decorate them nicely.

      Delete
  6. Hi again! I love your family reviews!
    I just have one dying question....... How do you keep the chocolate tips, well, chocolate coloured?
    All the people I know the tips have faded making them look kind of old. So how do you keep it that way?

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Lucy, dont play with them, lol. I try to never handle the rabbits on their ears, and because they are not a huge favorite, I dont use them often in my stories.

      Delete
  7. Wow! You are right; the Chocolates are the iconic Sylvanian family. Once again, you have done a fabulous job on their home: I'm sure that Terri will have her bath soon enough :D
    Their pizza parlour is gorgeous - one of your semi-permanent stalls (I think). Just wondering what you use to create those stalls - cardboard or old boxes, perhaps???
    All in all a super cute family with a great house,
    MW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Mia. Yes you are right, one of the semi permanent ones. I use the boxes that we buy our paper in at work. They are the perfect size, and very sturdy. I just cut them smaller.

      Delete
  8. The chocolates sure have a wonderful home! I love the pizza palour settings,what is it made of?
    I am currently hoping that I will get my own pizza palour this month for my birthday.
    I love the way that your houses are so like, full with colour, not like an ordinary house. Mine are not that colourful
    emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use an old box, cut it to size and wallpaper it. I really like the pizza set, Im crossing fingers that you will get it. I found that the wallpaper ads a lot of colour.

      Delete
  9. Lovely home! I love Freya's bed coverings :-) Frasier's pizza outfit is very chic ;-D Love the wallpaper of the pizza parlour and the adorable courtyard restaurant kitchen unit. I had no idea it had an oven as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt like I hid the jackpot when I found that courtyard unit, and again when I actually won one on ebay! THe outfit that Frasier has one actually comes with the set. THe shirt that is, the trousers are his original red ones.

      Delete